It has been raining here, in Georgia for hours and I love it. I’ve been sitting out on my balcony for hours, listening and thinking. A constant, steady rain, one that brings me comfort. It’s something about the white noise it creates. That got me to thinking…
You may or may not know that I LOVE music. I wish there was a better word but LOVE (yes, in all caps) will have to do. I always have a song stuck in my head at any given moment of the day and I’m usually singing or humming it. I’ve been sitting out here for hours, listening to music off and on and I just realized that the reason I love this rain so much is because my mind translates it as music. My favorite part is the occasional thunder. It’s like a drum. It’s beautiful and calming.
That’s all. My posts have been so serious lately so just to thank you for reading this, I’ll give you some interesting questions to ponder.
- Why do they call it a hamburger if there is no ham in it?
- Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
- Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?
- Can a stupid person be a smart-ass?
- Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- Why isn’t there mouse flavored cat food?
- Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
- You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can’t they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
- If a 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?
The balcony at our new apartment: I’m in love. We’re on the 2nd floor and it overlooks a hill covered in trees. It makes me feel like I live in a cozy treehouse, not and apartment next to a busy highway.
What a stress reliever this spot has become in my life. At my old house, I lived by a lake and that lake was my stress reliever. I would go sit out on a rock there and literally feel my worries melting away. I was worried about not having something like this when I moved but now I have this balcony. Oh, and I don’t have to worry about snakes to get there!
Nature is just so calming, like a soothing balm to my stresses. I can come out here with the weight of the world on my shoulders and within 5 minutes, feel them melting away like ice on a sunny day.
What place/activity helps you to de-stress?
I LOVE Strawberry Daiquiri!
Yeah, I love a new pair of shoes just like any girl. I love to shop and have girly pampering days…but what makes me really happy? All that is fun, but it doesn’t set my heart on fire. What do I really love that defines me?
- I love that feeling of the sun resting on my skin, warming me from the inside out…a happy feeling.
- I love the sound the earth makes when I’m hiking. You know, that crunch, crunch, crunch.
- I love the way October smells. I can’t pinpoint it but every year I notice it and it brings back memories of a simpler time when I didn’t have as many worries.
- I love my dad. Being with him makes me feel like a little girl again. He makes me feel safe.
- Weirdly, I love the empty spot left in my heart after my mom passed. It’s meant to be empty and it’s meant to hurt. That means she did a good job.
- I love Christmas music. I have been known to listen to it all year round. On a bad day, a chorus of “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” can change everything.
- My newest love: Photography.
- I love hearts. They make me happy.
- I love music. LOVE.
- My favorite thing to do on Saturday morning is sit outside, listening to the sounds and sipping my coffee.
- Coffee. Another love. Enough said.
- I love the sound of a cat purring.
- I love that feeling I get in my stomach when I’m about to see someone I haven’t seen in a long time.
- Candle lit bubble baths.
- I love to read a book for the first time and get to that part where it’s so good that I can’t put it down.
- I love the feeling I get after I work out. I feel exhausted but strong all at the same time and like I can conquer the world.
These are just a few of the things I love. Some may be unique, some not so much. But they make me “me.” What do you love?