Yeah, I love a new pair of shoes just like any girl. I love to shop and have girly pampering days…but what makes me really happy? All that is fun, but it doesn’t set my heart on fire. What do I really love that defines me?
- I love that feeling of the sun resting on my skin, warming me from the inside out…a happy feeling.
- I love the sound the earth makes when I’m hiking. You know, that crunch, crunch, crunch.
- I love the way October smells. I can’t pinpoint it but every year I notice it and it brings back memories of a simpler time when I didn’t have as many worries.
- I love my dad. Being with him makes me feel like a little girl again. He makes me feel safe.
- Weirdly, I love the empty spot left in my heart after my mom passed. It’s meant to be empty and it’s meant to hurt. That means she did a good job.
- I love Christmas music. I have been known to listen to it all year round. On a bad day, a chorus of “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” can change everything.
- My newest love: Photography.
- I love hearts. They make me happy.
- I love music. LOVE.
- My favorite thing to do on Saturday morning is sit outside, listening to the sounds and sipping my coffee.
- Coffee. Another love. Enough said.
- I love the sound of a cat purring.
- I love that feeling I get in my stomach when I’m about to see someone I haven’t seen in a long time.
- Candle lit bubble baths.
- I love to read a book for the first time and get to that part where it’s so good that I can’t put it down.
- I love the feeling I get after I work out. I feel exhausted but strong all at the same time and like I can conquer the world.
These are just a few of the things I love. Some may be unique, some not so much. But they make me “me.” What do you love?