It has been raining here, in Georgia for hours and I love it. I’ve been sitting out on my balcony for hours, listening and thinking. A constant, steady rain, one that brings me comfort. It’s something about the white noise it creates. That got me to thinking…
You may or may not know that I LOVE music. I wish there was a better word but LOVE (yes, in all caps) will have to do. I always have a song stuck in my head at any given moment of the day and I’m usually singing or humming it. I’ve been sitting out here for hours, listening to music off and on and I just realized that the reason I love this rain so much is because my mind translates it as music. My favorite part is the occasional thunder. It’s like a drum. It’s beautiful and calming.
That’s all. My posts have been so serious lately so just to thank you for reading this, I’ll give you some interesting questions to ponder.
- Why do they call it a hamburger if there is no ham in it?
- Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
- Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?
- Can a stupid person be a smart-ass?
- Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- Why isn’t there mouse flavored cat food?
- Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
- You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can’t they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
- If a 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?