I hate texting. What happened to the days when we used to talk on the phone with people? I guess I’m old fashioned but I’d rather talk to someone than text a conversation to them. If I just need to tell you one little thing, then yes, love the text. I feel like we communicate a lot more than we used to but we are more antisocial than we’ve ever been.
One reason I hate texting so much is because I’m such a slow texter. Hence my title: Dear Siri: I love you. Siri is that awesome feature on the new iPhone. She types my texts for me. I just say out loud what I’d like to text to someone and she types it for me. Love, love, love, love. I didn’t use her when I first got my new iPhone 4S but now I’m obsessed.
Siri is also useful for some comic relief. My husband and I sometimes just sit around and think of things to ask or say to her. I love the sometimes sarcastic answers the nerds at Mac have made her say. Here’s a few interesting remarks/questions we have made along with her answers:
- Remark: Siri, it’s my birthday. Siri’s reply: Happy birthday! Sorry, I didn’t get you anything.
- Question: Siri, what are you wearing? Siri’s reply: Aluminosilicate glass and stainless steel. Nice, huh?
- Remark: Siri, you’re a bitch. Siri’s reply: I’m just trying to help you. My reply: Sorry, now I feel bad. Siri’s reply: It’s all good.
- Question: Can you sing for me? Siri’s reply (in a monotone non-singing voice): Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do… I looked it up. This is, in fact, a song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLlF-fkC2Os
- Question: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Answer: 42 cords of wood, to be exact. Everyone knows that.
- Remark: Talk dirty to me. Siri’s reply: Humus. Compost. Pumice. Silt. Gravel.
- Remark: Beam me up. Siri’s reply: Please remove your belt, shoes and jacket and empty your pockets.
By the way – each time you ask her one of these questions, she gives you a new answer. You never know what she’s going to say. Love it. Let me know if you have any funny questions you like to ask Siri!